Recycling can be confusing. We're here to help. Let's fight recycling contamination together!
Contaminants are items that threaten the effectiveness of the entire recycling system. In Oak Hill, residents often mistakenly contaminate the system with glass or dirty containers.
How can you find out if you're recycling the right way? Keep scrolling.
Items accepted in Oak Hill back-door recycling pick-up:
Recycle Right! Make sure your recyclables are prepared properly:
Bottles, Cans, food containers
- Empty contents.
- Rinse residue.
- Labels and lids can remain.
- Remove binder clips.
- Staples, paper clips can stay.
- Place shredded paper in plastic bag and tie shut.
- Bag small cardboard and paper cartons with other recyclables.
- Break down cardboard bigger than 2'x2' along the seams.
- Remove other packing material and wraps.
- Bind the cardboard together with string or packing tape in bundles not to exceed 4' x4' and 30 pounds.
- Put cardboard bundle beside bin.
- Spray to release remaining pressure
Household Chemical Containers
- Drain and rinse thoroughly
To recycle glass and other items not accepted at your back-door recycling service, visit one of these convenience centers:
- Hillsboro High School | 1818 Hillmont Dr. Nashville, TN 37215
- Granbery Elementary School | 5501 Hill Rd. Brentwood, TN 37027
- East Center | 943A Doctor Richard G. Adams Dr. Nashville, TN 37207 | 615-862-8631
- Ezell Pike Center | 3254 Ezell Pike Nashville, TN 37211 (located on Ezell Pike behind the South Police Precinct 5113 Harding Place) | 615-880-2530 | Note: for GPS users, please enter 5113 Harding Place
- Omohundro | 1019 Omohundro Place Nashville, TN 37210 (entrance on Freightliner Drive) | 615-880-1955